Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Monday, April 21, 2008

I took some pictures this weekend, but I can't find my rackin-frackin upload cable. And I'm typing this on my laptop, but my rackin-frackin wi-fi has decided to go iffy on my this weekend so I'll have to go kick Little Bubba off the PC to post it. (Little Bubba is home from school because he stepped on a bee last night and his foot won't fit into his shoe. It doesn't hurt right now, I have a feeling when the swelling goes down he'll start feeling it.)

Worked my figurative ass off (and not my actual ass, unfortunately) getting ready for a yard sale. When I started my Clean Sweep of the garage I wasn't planning to sell the stuff but to give it away on Freecycle. I've learned that the work of a garage sale usually doesn't equal the reward, but this time I have some big-ticket items that might generate some interest. I still have a lot to do to get ready for the coming weekend, but I think the hard part is over.

Ordered a puberty book for my oldest girl. Over the weekend it became clear she had questions but was too shy to ask Mommy. After mortifying her with my attempt to talk about it, I suggested we buy a book, and she perked right up. She'd take a book over my advice any day.

The husband baked a cake last night, all by himself. Frosted it, served me a piece, and even picked up my plate when I was done. Maybe this wouldn't be a shock in some households, but believe me when I tell you this was a telling development in mine. DH had a recent spurt of personal growth which manifests in new ways every day.

My life is better than I ever imagined it could be.

{ 4 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. BTW, I've been meaning to say this for a little while. You have nice feet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. I'm dreading those conversations with my kids. And you know it'll be me having to have them because I'm the touchy-feely best-friend parent. The "good cop."

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Don, you made me giggle. So you think I should keep shaving my toes, huh?

    Ian, my girl's only 9. I really didn't expect to need to discuss these things for a couple of years. But now that I think of it, I guess I was 9 or 10 when I started getting interested in boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. telecommutingtruthsApril 23, 2008 at 12:16 PM

    Can you get your husband to call mine? I love cake!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -