Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Geez, I was busy yesterday. Got up at six to take the man to work so we'd have the van, and kept going till about four in the afternoon.

First off was the annual running of the gauntlet, otherwise known as school enrollment day. It went a little more smoothly than usual but still took an hour and a half to complete. Thank goodness I have a daughter old enough to tell me what the date is, and to remind me what grade each child is going into, and to run back to the Pre-K table to pick up the form I accidentally left there. Abby was a huge help.

The weather was great, overcast and relatively cool (mid-90s) so we grabbed a brunch of Sonic and took it to the park here in town. The park is in deplorable shape, the toys I scrambled across as a kid still in place, but unpainted and broken down. Even the "new" area is in terrible disrepair. The brand-new skate park is nice, if you skate, but the vandalizing teenagers wreak havoc on the rest of the equipment, and apparently the only thing the city does for upkeep is mowing. Really sad.

We were back from the park about a half hour when the neighbor lady called, inviting us to go to a real park in the neighboring town. The sun came out about half-way through our second park excursion, and the temperature shot up immediately. We gamely endured for a while, hoping the clouds would come back, but the sky just kept getting bluer and bluer, so we finally gave in and left, limp and sweaty.

After a brief rest at home it was back in the van for a third trip to Shawnee, to pick up the man. I was definitely too wiped to write, so I browsed the internet. Researching a topic of interest to a friend, I came across the Absolute Write forum, which I always mean to join and promptly forget. I'm finally a member, and plan to spend some time there, try to break up the boredom of going to the same sites all the time.

And then, to top it off, my 1st grader lost his very first baby tooth last night. At 2 a.m. I remembered I'd forgotten to play tooth fairy, so I had to track down a dollar bill by flashlight, lest I wake him. I got a picture, but I'm too lazy to upload it. Visualize the most handsome 6yo boy made cuter by a snaggle-tooth smile and that's close enough.

I'm feeling pretty run down today, and luckily the laundry was done Monday, the house is relatively clean, the kids are keeping themselves occupied. I have the option of lazing around for the most part, and I am taking full advantage of that SAHM perk.

{ 6 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Naps. I miss them. I'm envious of your lazability, and isn't it nice to have the whole mess out of the way? I learned how valuable getting everyone up and out of the house early can be a couple weeks back. Had everything done by 1 p.m., and the rest of the weekend was mine. Ahh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mid 90's is relatively cool? *faints*

    Yay for the lost tooth! It's such a big thing, isn't it. :) Our boy's going to start losing them soon too. They're so cute with their snaggle-toothed smiles. LOL

    You definitely had a busy day, so enjoy those perks you have! They're rare!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Who are you at AW?

    I'm "Siddow"

    Whee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SherriC on AW, if anybody wants to holler at me over there. I guess I should link to my profile.

    Yeah, Fal, mid-90s feels cool after a string of 100+ days. Crazy, I know.

    Knyt, it was every bit as busy at 9 a.m. as it has been at 4 p.m., but the people running the tables weren't totally frazzled yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess by comparison, but man, you are my hero for being able to cope with heat like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] http://sherricornelius.com/2008/07/30/my-busy-day/ http://sherricornelius.com/2007/07/30/okay-so-im-not-much-of-a-schmoozer/ http://sherricornelius.com/2006/07/31/watch-out-im-about-to-get-prolific/ [...]

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -