Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Friday, December 26, 2008

I don't even know what to say about my Christmas. It was...it was...teh awesome! I started the week thinking my holiday would consist of playing with the toys the kids opened that morning, but Monday my mom confirmed, and soon after both my brothers did, too. I could easily have gone off the deep end cleaning the baseboards with a toothbrush, but I chose to let them see my house as I live in it, which ain't that bad anyway. Except for the fridge, but every household has its junk room.

So I looked through the cookbook to find a couple of desserts I could make with minimal effort, went to the store on Tuesday afternoon for ingredients and sandwich supplies. No turkey. Sandwiches, a veggie platter, pumpkin pie from a can, and apple cobbler.

There was some exchanging of gifts when my mom got here, but I squeezed my eyes shut until it was over, and *presto* it's like it never happened.


I was amazed at how scentless everybody made themselves. There was a little residual scent that all people on the outside have, just from being around it all the time, but the effort they all put forth on my account was the best Christmas present ever. I was able to relax and have a great time with my family.


No Mary Tyler Moore party here. No disasters. Oh sure, I forgot to make coffee like I'd planned. I also forgot to take a single picture. I didn't have enough plastic cups. The bathroom shelves were a mess. That was the downside. And you know what? Nobody cared.


The upside? I guffawed with my brothers over nonsense. My first-ever apple cobbler was divine. My living room was stuffed full of people who love me. After months of feeling separated from the world by my scent problem, I reconnected.


Can we have Christmas every month?


* This is a family thing, baby-talk meaning "I want to go again!" I don't remember whose baby. Might have come from the hub's family.

{ 4 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. btw, I don't know what's up with the paragraph spacing. I tried to fix it, but WP is being stubborn. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "One more 'gin" is heard on Harry Connick's Christmas album too. One of 'em.

    Glad you had a great time. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well maybe that's where it came from, then. Now I'm not sure. Oh well.

    Happy birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I heard it on Aerosmith, "One mo' 'ginn, Boss!" but maybe it was Harry. No matter, I knew what you meant. :) And I'm oh-so-happy you had a nice time! Yay for feeling connected and loved! Woo!

    And yes, you can have Christmas whenever you want! Just make a pie, then make calls, and voila! If you bake it, they will come. ;)

    Uh, you did save me a piece of that apple cobbler, right? Right?

    *hugs* and cheers to an awesome Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -