Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Friday, October 2, 2009


  1. Writtenwyrdd is having a contest with a Halloween flavor. I know some of my readers write flash horror, so you guys might want to go on over and check her out. The prize is a cute little stuffed Chthulu. Yes, I said cute.

  2. Ian has a brand new look to his website.

  3. I've lost a Google Reader subscriber. Why? Why don't you love me anymore?? *sobs, then realizes that person isn't here anymore and soldiers on*

  4. When I'm home doing whatever I please for 9 hours while during the same time my hubby is busting his tail to bring home the dough, I'm wracked with guilt. Bringing in a little money would help alleviate the guilt, and I've been trying to figure out what jobs I could get. Well I figured it out. I don't need a new job, somebody just needs to start paying me for the one I'm already doing. I'll take that advance now. Thanks.

  5. Hubs used fingernail polish remover this morning, so I had to open the windows and turn on the fan to suck in fresh air. Fresh, cold air. Can't feel my toes. However, I can feel my brain cells de-fog as I type. (And you're correct if you think that means I have no problem blogging if I'm feeling too stupid to do other things.)

  6. Went to the bookstore yesterday to spend the last of my birthday money. Well, actually it was to spend my birthday money on some books similar to my WIP. Research, you know. I couldn't find anything even close. All the angel/demon books had a pretty much traditional, Biblical mythology; books with jaunty, tough female protags were written in first person; no alternative Underworlds; no unique non-human creatures (or once-human creatures, for that matter). Either I couldn't find anything like my book because it's never been done before (good), or it's never been done before because it's a dumb premise (bad). Here's what I ended up with: Working for the Devil by Lilith Saintcrow, Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells, and Scar Night by Alan Campbell. Tried to pick things that might have a similar voice or subject matter to mine. Don't know how well I succeeded.

  7. My broken finger is still sore, still crooked, but it's getting stronger every day. I snapped my fingers last night, lightly. I'm ecstatic.


'Kay, feeling smart again, so it's time to get to close the windows and get to work on m'book. Later.

{ 9 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Those are lots of pieces. Nice to know you don't have any competitors, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the contest mention, Sherri!

    I envy you not having to work a day job, although you are working hard enough at home. But it cuts into writing time. (However, i write most of the blog posts on 'lunch break'.) ;) You guys'll probably never hear from me again once I retire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I DO have competitors, but it's good to know I'm not subconsciously copying anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You better not abandon us!

    It's good not having a regular job, if I weren't wracked with guilt. I've had a job since I was 13 years old, so unless I'm working harder than everybody else, I feel lazy. Some days I feel I deserve the break, but this week DH has been coming home so tired, the guilt resurged.

    And truthfully, no bullshit? I got just as much writing done when I had a full-time job, if not more. I guess because that was my "me time", but now most of my time is "me time" so it's diluted. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hoping your finger is well, then I read your posts and it's not done healing yet. :( Doc time, maybe?

    I'm really surprised you didn't find more books similar to the one you're writing. I would have thought there'd be a lot like that, different perspectives on the afterlife and whatnot.

    And I'm so with you on getting paid for the work we already do! That floats my boat, big time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've noticed over the time I've been bloging that readers come and go. The ones who stop blogging altogether, I understand, but it's odd when a regular commenter just vanishes and yet continues to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, people, get with the program! :)

    I think my finger will be completely healed in another 6 months to a year. I truly don't think there's anything to be done at this point, unfortunately. Maybe if I'd gone within the first couple of weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, makes you wonder what you did wrong, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -