Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Monday, March 7, 2011

IMG_0985

Remember when life sucked because the van died and the hubs had to take my car to work, leaving me stuck at home all day and forcing me to run errands in the evening’s cold darkness? Remember?

Well thanks to that truck you see up there, I have my freedom back. It’s a 2000 Silverado with a back seat big enough for the kids and enough cool features to satisfy the testosterone coursing through my husband and a bed for me to haul my building materials home from the lumber yard.

Two problems I can see are the lower gas mileage of a V6 combined with high gas prices, and the front seats have apparently been sprayed with the devil, AKA Febreze. I can’t do much about the first thing, but the second thing I’ve already started combating with a Bissell Little Green Machine. And of course the solution the Bissell came with stinks to high heaven, so I had to make my own with vinegar and dish soap. I cleaned the passenger seat yesterday, and it seems to be working.

My ‘97 Saturn is the latest model we’ve ever owned, believe it or not, so we’ve been joking about finally coming into the 21st century. The hubs has been so happy to finally have a decent vehicle to drive. It makes me happy to see him happy.

And it makes me happy to have my freedom back.

{ 5 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Congrats again. :) It's a sharp looking one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freedom should never be underestimated. :)

    Happy for you dolly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, I remember back in the day when the kids were small and having to share 1 car with the hubby. Congrats on getting your freedom back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Freedom is good. :) Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -