Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Sunday, May 15, 2011

Can’t sleep. The moon is so bright, and this futon is so uncomfortable, and lately my mind just races if the tv’s not on. Last night I was up till three. The night before that, one.

What I’d really like to do is go outside and talk to the moon, but the creaking door would wake the hubs, and we have neighbors who would hear me. The moon the way it is tonight, it makes me want things. Like love letters, really steamy, handwritten ones with a wax seal, or maybe tied with a ribbon. Or to sit by the fire, listening to someone play an acoustic guitar. To lie on the grass, holding hands and just looking at the stars. Things like that. But with my laptop on, I can’t even see the moonlight.

This is the last week of school, so soon it won’t matter how late I stay up, because I’ll be able to sleep till a more Godly hour. Six is too early.

{ 2 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. My son loves to wake up early when there is no school. Sigh.

    I love the moon. Wish we had windows that let us see the sky more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you'd dance with me under a full moon. :)

    My kids are finally to the age where they don't need me every waking moment. They have each other, which helps. It's sort of sad not to be needed, but it's more of a relief.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -