This meme has been going around Facebook, so I finally succumbed to the pressure of multiple tags. I thought I'd copy it here on my hub blog. (Darcknyt, my response to your award is next in the queue!)
On with the meme:
1. I'm old enough to have to count back to remember my age. (In case you young people are wondering, that started around age 34.)
2. I had my cancerous thyroid removed in 2003. I miss it and secretly hope it grows back. I also worry about the end of civilization because where would I get my replacement hormone? I can make soap from ash and lard, skin a rabbit, and build a shelter, but I can't make those little pills that keep me alive.
3. I'm insecure in professional situations, because I say things like "Wow, I just had deja vu" with no warning.
4. I feel WAY skinnier than I am.
5. I love watching decorating shows, but my walls are off-white, I have literally 3 pictures through the entire house, and my furniture came from garage sales and Salvation Army.
6. I hate marijuana. I hate the smell, sight, thought of it. (Haven't seen it in a long while, but I smelled it last week, and every week, at the grocery store.) It makes me sick to my stomach. I'd rather watch somebody shoot heroin than smoke a doobie. My reaction to pot borders on PTSD. That said, I am for legalization. It makes logic sense to me, if I can set my emotional sense aside. I just threw up a little in my mouth, saying that.
7. I walk on the treadmill in shorts and a sports bra. My kids love it because they have 45 minutes of free access to my belly fat.
8. Most days, my biggest excitement is having a successful BM. Woo!
9. Some days, though, I get mail, and that is pretty exciting.
10. A small number of days involves correspondence with my agent, which is like a shot in the arm.
11. My 16yo step-daughter thinks it's funny how I know the words to every song that comes on the radio, especially when it's a "young" group.
12. Yesterday I came down from my office to find a horse tied to a tree in my yard. I patted it on the nose, went inside, and it was gone a couple of hours later. Never saw the owner.
13. I believe you can do anything you want, but not all at once, and not all successfully.
14. Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy adequate healthcare and good food and a nice place to live and a reliable vehicle.
15. As I was typing the above, this Twitter notification appeared on my screen from the Dalai Lama @OHHDL: 'Quote of the day: "Happiness is not something ready-made, it comes from your own actions." ~His Holiness, the Dalai Lama'
16. I hate school fundraisers with a passion. They reward children who have large networks and/or plenty of money, and the poor kids are penalized AGAIN.
17. I'm excited at the possibility of thunderstorms this afternoon.
18. I love to watch Spongebob Squarepants over and over.
19. When I'm around outsiders I often feel/seem stupid and slow because of my reaction to common household fragrances.
20. I think a lot of "mystery illnesses" like fibromyalgia, autism, and depression are caused by chemicals in our environment and food.
21. I need to shave my legs.
22. I knew 25 things was too many.
23. One of these days I hope to be "off the grid," i.e. completely self-reliant for power, water, food.
24. I have a hard time reconciling my love for technology and the horrible things we've allowed to happen to the environment in our pursuit of it. I could say the same thing about money.
25. I have probably 400-500 books in my house and in storage, and I still have nothing to read.
I hope you all are still awake! I'm sure I've forgotten things that might have been more interesting, but I'm hitting publish anyway. Not tagging anybody because I think all my friends have already done this one!