Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Thursday, May 14, 2009

Well, folks, it looks like I surpassed 30,000 visitors. I've been thinking about closing the blog down, or else making drastic changes in order to pump up my flagging interest. Well, it seems that Wordpress and GoDaddy are going to make my decision real easy. My CSS subscription runs out in a month, so my beautiful pink links will be gone bye-bye. No reason to lay down $15 to maintain a blog I'm not sure I even want to keep up anymore. Also, my domain sherricornelius.com is expiring, so I guess this will be a good time to just let it all go.

I doubt I will go cold turkey on blogging, but since I won't have any money invested there will be no guilt involved if I don't post for weeks at a time. Most likely I'll also move to another URL altogether, one which has more to do with my life at this time. I guess I don't have to make all the decisions at once.

The editor job is closer to being mine. The final test is to edit a short story for publication. If that goes well, they'll offer me a contract. If not, well, there's always proofreading. (Her words. lol)

Surrender is hard. Surrender can be depressing, if you're surrendering to the hardships and not to Grace. I surrender to grace. Not saying this will be my last post ever, just saying changes are coming that should have come a long time ago, if my ego hadn't gotten in the way of the divine. Wish I could explain that, but I'm not even sure what I mean. :)

Later!

{ 4 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Our egos always "get in the way" of the Divine - but He factors for that. :)

    Can you import this blog to a standard one on WP? That way you won't lose everything.

    Change - it's one of the few constants in life. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, usually just different. I hope this time it's good for you, and that all goes well with the editing job. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think change sucks, personally, but that's me. Nothing has really changed for the better for me in about 12 years.

    Hope you fare much, much better, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me, too, Knyt. :) Thanks.

    Fal, this blog won't disappear when my subscription runs out. It'll only revert to the old colors, which don't match my purty header.

    My philosophy on change is that it's all good, even the uncomfortable changes. Eventually, I see how each one has turned into something good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "if my ego hadn’t gotten in the way of the divine. Wish I could explain that, but I’m not even sure what I mean. "

    I know exactly what you mean. Here's to change.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -