Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Monday, May 4, 2009

I feel like posting, and so I shall. Let's see what comes out, how's about it?

I bought a juicer over the weekend, thinking ahead to when we have more tomatoes than we know what to do with. Hubby drinks a lot of V8 when we can afford it, so this summer he can have all the V8 he wants, because he'll be making it himself. Hopefully the carrots and cukes will come up well, too, and he can add those. Truthfully, it'll be more like V3 or 4.

So now I need to quit buying things for a while so I can keep our credit card manageable. I'm still  looking for jobs I can do from home for a little extra money, because writing ain't paying the bills. Neither will editing, but at least it will be a good addition to my resume if I actually get the job. The sample chapter was sent back to me with corrections and comments about my editing; basically, I did too much. I sort of planned it that way, though, thinking it's always easier to see the line if you cross it, and since I have absolutely no actual editing experience I thought it possible I would err on the side of timidity if I didn't just jump in. So now I have a better understanding of what to do, and hopefully I'll get a chance to do it for real. Still waiting on a response to my second attempt, and I'll let you know what happens.

I've decided against having a contest for my 30,000th hit. My parties always fall flat, and I don't have anything to give away anyhow. I do have a bunch of old writing mags that I'd be glad to send out just because. Probably 25 of them, so I could divide them up. If anyone's interested, comment and I'll post more details.

I can't let the day go by without mentioning this: My bud Ian Healy signed with an agent over the weekend! After an exciting week in which he  considered several other agents, he finally settled on the one who shares his love for his superhero universe. Feels good, doesn't it, Ian? Congratulations!

Another big congrats to Ben and Kristy, who brought their first child, Mallory Jane,  into the world this weekend. Best wishes to all three of you. I think you've already gotten a great start.

A nice, gentle rain is falling. I think I'll go enjoy it.

(Did you say it?)

{ 4 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Congratulations to Ian. And to you, on the addition of the new juicer. V3, woo! Sounds like a new Japanese or European car engine, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that WAS random!

    Thanks for the recognition. All your work and help with Mustang Sally and Deep Six certainly led to this, so I have many thousands of thanks for you! Here's a small sample:

    Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thank you thanks thanks thenkyewverymuch thanks thanks thanks thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all your buds!

    Good luck on the extra income search.

    Have fun with the juicer.

    This is my random comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See how good you are at the edit thing? You did more than was required. Now you know you're fully capable of doing whatever kind of editing they might ask of you! Way to go!

    I'm jealous of your juicer and garden too.

    And no, I didn't say it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -