Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Monday, April 27, 2009

As seems to be the pattern this season, storms came at bedtime and raged while we slept. Couldn't have been too bad, because the kids slept all the way through, except for one bad dream, unrelated to the storm. I'd packed the "tornado bag" and put it in the cellar, then had to go out first thing this morning and get it because Little Bubba had put his school shoes in it. As long as I have the tornado bag packed, I expect everything to be okay. A twister will only hit us if we're not prepared, because that's the way life goes.

Gosh, it's hard to believe how long I've been letting the blog sit unchecked. Checking stats is unnecessary because they're always the same. Hits: 30-60. Top searches: fatherless; boost wi-fi; ass. Lots of spam typed in Cyrillic and Hebrew. Blah, blah, blah.

I guess since it's been a while since my last post I haven't mentioned the newest development in my life: I've applied for a job as an editor with a small e-publisher. The pub is Eternal Press, the ones who publish my friend Tabitha Shay (mentioned in this post, which still gets a lot of perv search hits, even after I cut the Vanessa Hutchens link). I feel really good about this editing direction, and a small-but-established publisher like Eternal Press would be a great place to learn about the job.

So far I've been asked to write a letter of intent and take a test. I learned this morning that I did well and can move on to the next stage, which is editing a sample chapter. If I do that well enough, we'll move on to a full-length work.

I won't make much money with this gig; editors get royalties just like the authors, so it'll be a while before I see any money at all, though it will accrue over time and projects. The time required is very reasonable, so even if I got a real job I could continue editing. I'm looking at this as an education. A broadening of my horizons. A way to put my talents to use.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

{ 4 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. It sounds good, not as good as "bottle of sherry" sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'll be rooting for you. And expecting you to put your new skills to use on my manuscript ... for free. ;)

    By the way, that's probably not Hebrew; it's probably Arabic. Very distinct alphabets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Editor Sherri sounds awesome! I'm so rooting for you! What kind of stuff does this place publish? I think you'll do great - heck, I've seen some of your editing skills and this should be a shoo-in for you. You go! Yay for good news. :D

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -