I've been off line for a while, battling the annual ant invasion and healing my hand and planting a garden. By the time I get done with the fence-building and tilling and wheel barrow assembly, my hand is too tired to type. Thank goodness we got everything finished just before the current stretch of rough weather. My muscles are sore, but glad for the exercise; my hand is not glad at all.
Reminderfox has been the godsend I'd hoped, but it only runs in the Firefox browser, which means you IE and Safari peeps are out of luck. It pops up reminders for upcoming events every two hours; so far I have only bills on there, but I will add birthdays as I go.
I am in the midst of a major life change, but not sure what it is; like ta'veren Mat Cauthon in the Wheel of Time books I can hear the dice tumble in my head, telling me the Wheel weaves around me but not the nature of the weave. When the dice come to rest I will know. Probably a mid-life crisis, which I prefer to call a mid-life awakening. It's only a crisis for the people who can't (or won't) accomodate your growth.
Some brief points:
- coffee is as enjoyable as ever
- got three strawberries out of the garden yesterday...before the fence went up I found the first ripe strawberries nibbled, still on the plant
- a stray cat has started hanging around...it's nice having him here
- lately I prefer analog life to digital life; still keeping tabs on you, just lurking
- feel like I'm missing someone, but don't know who that would be
- wondering if the average person has a life purpose, or if that is reserved for the really special people