Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Monday, January 4, 2010
- So that self-centeredness I was talking about yesterday, I don't think it was a bad thing. It's no secret that starting in your mid to late 30s you start reevaluating your life. There are definite periods when one must go inward, challenge your beliefs. I think that's what I've been doing. It's probably been a bit of a challenge for the people around me, adjusting to me addressing my needs where before there was no reason for them to even think I had needs. I hope they love me enough to see that I needed to do it, and I hope that it has made me better able to see their needs as well.
- I'm reading this book called A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. It's sort of a cross-religion book that talks about the difference between the ego and the spirit. Very enlightening, and I may talk about it more in depth in the future.
- Out of my holiday to do list, I did finish a few things. One item I checked off was finishing Demon Squad: Armageddon Bound by Tim Marquitz. I'm not a reviewer, so I'll just give it a thumbs-up. It's a small publisher, and a new one, at that, so there are a few glitches in the formatting of the text in places, but if you like non-stop action and an engaging hero (despite his demon blood ;) pick it up. It's only, like, $5. And he's a nice guy, too.
- I'm still in my pajamas and I poured coffee in my cereal this morning, instead of milk. I really need to get back into my routine. Kids go back to school tomorrow, hubs went back to work today.
- My son has informed me he wants to be home schooled so he can spend more time with me. Awww.
- I'm bored now and I'm sure you are too, so good-bye!