It's like Narnia in my neighborhood. An (expected) inch of ice and 8 (surprise) inches of snow combined with a low, white cloud cover... I am warm and cozy with Mr. Tumnus and the Beavers (husband and kids) so I'm sure the White Witch will pass right by. Some were not so lucky, like my brother and his wife who have been without power (and therefore heat) for two days. They finally made the treacherous drive to a friend's house where there is heat, so I am glad for that. When I find the camera cable I'll post some pics.
About a week ago I mentioned I would start editing my work in progress, going through it the way I would someone else's. Well I finished that pass, making notes about what goes where, what needed clarification, missing motivation and leaps of logic.Then yesterday I accepted all the changes, unified the formatting, and moved all the in-doc notes to the margin.
I've found it's really helpful to look at this from an editor's perspective. It lessens the judgement of the work, clears away all that muddy self-doubt and makes decisions easier.
I have a little more to do in this step, but so far I'm on schedule. Barring mental fatigue I'll get this formatting/cleaning step done by Feb 1, and the next step is implementing all the changes I've noted. This could take a couple of weeks, but I'm pumped to be nearing the end.
It's starting to look like a real manuscript. Frickin' awesome.