Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Saturday, June 5, 2010

Once again, my self-imposed deadline for finishing BVA has come and gone.  This time it's been finished, but I can't stop finding things to fix. You know that stage, I'm sure. I've also come to the conclusion that my eyes will never be able to keep up with my imagination. That is, I think about my book all day, but the sinuses get irritated so easily that the eyes are always on the verge of fatigue. Looking at a computer screen and thinking at the same time is hard some days. I simply require more downtime than I feel I should.

I haven't been online a whole lot to save my eyes for the really important stuff. I expect to send the book off to the agent within the week. She may have edits for me, but they shouldn't take long. I'm ready. I'm done, now I just have to get the manuscript to agree.

{ 5 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. I am so impressed with you. However you may feel from where you sit, you have really done a great job seeing this through. And hey, always finding things to fix is part of being alive. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever got to the end of a manuscript and said "THERE! PERFECT!", you'd be lying or dumb or both. There IS no great writing, only great RE-writing, and now that you've done that, you can send off the ms for the world to embrace.

    Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS! Another job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we there yet? LOL Don't make me come back there young lady!

    Manuscripts are stubborn things and will disagree just to be defiant. So don't expect a lot of help from that quarter. Just sayin'. ;)

    You have done well my friend. Focus on finishing up your tweaks, and get that sucker sent off! Woo! Good for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels good, guys. Thanks for your support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, into your agent's hand within a week, that's pretty damn exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -