The kids are back in school, hubby is back at work, and I'm where I always was. The temp will climb to the mid-fifties today, so my guess is that most of the ice/snow will be melted by this evening. The rest will melt tomorrow when it gets in the mid-sixties.
Good thing we took advantage of the sunshiney weather yesterday to play in the snow. Neighbor Lady saw us playing outside and brought her grandkids over to play with us. Since we ere outside the fragrance wasn't too much of an issue. Whenever I caught a whiff I just moved further up-wind. I'm a be-near person, not a stay-away person, so it was weird trying to keep my distance from them.
This is the same neighbor whose daughter has been fighting cancer, don't know if you remember, and I was watching the granddaughter from time to time before I realized the smell her shampoo was a trigger for my migraines. I wish I could do more for Neighbor Lady, because she's the only one who can take up the slack with her grandchildren while their mother is ill. I appreciate Neighbor Lady's understanding. If you have a moment to spare, could you say a short prayer for the family's healing?
In other "news", I had planned to call my agent today. I'm at a crossroads, as one book is losing momentum and the new one is just starting its submission life. I emailed my list of questions to Sara almost two weeks ago, and as it became clear my email got lost somewhere, I figured she'd probably rather have a phone conversation.
Only here's what happened: I sat down to make that call at 9 a.m. my time, which would mean it was 10 a.m. her time. Got ready to dial, and the phone rang in my hand. It was my brother, checking to see if I had done a bit of business we'd talked about, which I hadn't. Time was of the essence, so I called the business, hung up, called my brother again, hung up, business was done in a half hour. Prepared to dial Sara, again the phone rang. This time it was a wrong number. Hung up. Checked email while I waited to see how it played out, if the phone would ring again. After 5-10 minutes it hadn't, so I thought about calling again, and just then my mother called. By the end of that conversation an hour had elapsed.
Mind you, I'd not had one call before I tried to call Sara, nor one since I decided not to. I've had enough experience with signs to know it's best to heed them. The call can wait till another day.