Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I am SO not into cohesion or editing today, so let's just do a bullet list of the things I'm thinking about at the moment, shall we?
- The inauguration. Even if you voted for the other team, it's hard not to get swept up in the history of this moment. Go-0-0-0-bama!
- My appointment with the doctor. I WILL get something done about my !@#$% sinuses TODAY. Also, my thyroid hormone needs to be adjusted before I lose all my hair. I'm going to tell him about the fragrance thing today. I'm dreading that, but it must be done, since it has a direct effect upon my migraines.
- The treadmill. Haven't done it in about ten days. It's hard to exercise when you feel like a lump of apathetic lard. When my thyroid hormone is at the correct level, I know without a doubt I'll start again because I really do enjoy it.
- My 10-year-old daughter's wild weekend at her friend's house. Turns out there was a domestic incident in which family friends came over and tried to kill each other with axes and guns. Did the parents tell me this happened? No, the mom came the next morning to pick up more clothes so DD could stay another night, and said nothing about it. Will my daughter ever set foot in that house again? Not likely. I mean, stuff happens, but you gotta let the parents know. Right? My daughter was left as the only comfort to the young children of the bloody woman with an ax screaming in the yard and a scuffle with the ex-husband for the gun, which accidentally fired. All the kids were in tears before it was over. Gosh, when I write it down it seems even worse than I thought. Yeah, she's never going there again.
- Scrambled eggs. Time for breakfast. Have a great day. :)