Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Wednesday, August 5, 2009


  • Man, oh man, I had the awesomest writing day yesterday. I was on FIRE. Fire, I tell ya. It was one of those days where the urge to write overrode the urge to clean house and play games and nurse my bad eyes. I made steady progress on my synopsis throughout the day, and after Hell's Kitchen I passed up a chance to watch the new Netflix arrival to go upstairs, and I didn't have to force myself. I wanted to. Why the change? I stopped pressuring myself. Knowing the alternative is writing nothing at all, I changed my goal from X output to Y availability, and suddenly it's working. I typed so much yesterday that it feels like I lifted weights. Woo!

  • I've been talking in various accents lately. My favorite is a mix between Arab, German, and Spaniard, but the Indian one is also fun. The kids call them creepy, but they also think my singing and dancing is creepy. It can't all be creepy, can it?

  • Yet another stray cat has found us. I love having cats around, but because we live in the Neighborhood of Death they have a very short lifespan. We feed them and play with them until they disappear. Since they're strays they wouldn't survive any longer if we ignored them, so we try to make their short lives as nice as possible. I don't know why people choose this corner to dump their animals. We've had dozens of stray cats and dogs attach themselves to my kids since we've been here three years. We don't rescue the dogs anymore, I just keep the kids inside until they're gone, ever since I called the pound on one that was too aggressive with Maggie. I still feel guilty about that dog. He was almost certainly euthanized.

  • Remember my many blog posts about my broken finger? Well, it's still crooked but it's healing otherwise. I can type and do most things normally, I just have to watch bending it too far or striking it against things. That still hurts.


Guess that's it for now. Have a great day!

{ 6 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Boy, you and your finger issues. That CAN'T be right. I wish you could've gotten it checked. :(

    Glad you scored with writing yesterday. How's the typewriter working out? I love the sound they make! Now, THAT's a writing experience, huh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for an awesome writing day! I'm so happy for you!

    Did I ever tell you that Darc and I used to do the accent thing too? Except we not only did it at home, but out in public too.

    Another kitty for you - I hope this one lasts longer! Your neighborhood is like the kitty black hole.

    And I'm sorry your finger is still giving you trouble. I'd fix it for you if I could. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo!

    Yeah, you told me about using a British accent at a restaurant. You've got balls.

    I'm not getting attached.

    What do you know, that hug did it! All better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been using the typewriter in the final stages of editing. I figure the typewriter will be good for the magical flow of the muse, then I can mark up the pages and type them in the computer on the second edit. Being flexible and having options has really helped keep me unstuck. On this synopsis I wrote by hand, typed it , marked it up, put it in Word, printed it, marked it up again, wrote added scenes by hand, put those in the Word doc...It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You either have a local Chinese restaurant or juvenile serial-killer-in-training scooping up all those homeless kitties. Poor kitteh :(

    Glad to hear you had an awesome writing day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so cute! LOL :D

    Here - *kisskisskiss* the owie ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -