Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Thursday, December 17, 2009

Maybe you all remember the book cover I featured in a post a couple of weeks ago. I'm reading the book now, and so far it's been very entertaining. The author has been advertising free pdf copies of Armageddon Bound through the 18th. Email him (tim at tmarquitz dot com) by tomorrow, and he says he'll send you one.

And that leads me to an interesting coincidence involving my chance meeting with Tim and my editing  job at Eternal Press. Here's the chain of events:


  • I featured Armageddon Bound here because the book's cover caught my eye on a review blog.

  • The author was kind enough to leave a comment on my blog, and subsequently we connected on a couple of social networking sites

  • Armageddon Bound is published by Damnation Books.

  • The news broke yesterday that Damnation Books is acquiring Eternal Press, my former employer.


So there's a twist ending to my time at Eternal Press. Dun-dun-dunnnnn. Isn't that weird? Apparently the owner of Damnation Books is a former editor at Eternal Press. I had no idea there was a connection between the two companies before today. The coincidence is irrelevant because I finished my final assignment a few days ago, but it's still weird. Actually, the timing makes it weirder. Of course now I'm thinking it's a sign I shouldn't have quit, or a sign I did the right thing, or a sign that... You know me. Though I don't really believe coincidences like these are necessarily a sign to do something, I do think they are God's way of saying, Pay attention! So I will.

{ 6 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Any chance they'd publish your stuff now? It's all about the networking, yanno...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Networking, networking, networking. And I sort of think it IS a sign you shouldn'ta quit. I freak about stuff like you do, though, so what's my opinion worth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we're in the same boat on that one. I'm still positive I did the right thing. I just don't have the time to write well and edit well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, dunno. I'm not sure my stuff is dark enough for DP. I guess BVA is...*shrug* Something to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's a sign or anything like that, but I do love the irony of eternity getting swallowed up by the damned. ;) That actually made me LOL. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I noticed that. It is pretty funny. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -