Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sitting here watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I never watch this show because it's WAY too emotional for me. I cry at the drop of a hat, so I'd rather just avoid extremely emotional shows. For some reason my strong and silent husband settled on Extreme Makeover instead of the usual sports show or documentary, so I've been crying off and on for almost an hour. I don't think I can finish it. Of course the strong and silent husband is sitting on the other couch eating pizza, dry-eyed.

Oh, crap, here I go again.

{ 9 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. I did a lot of that this week. I cried several times over the last five nights of Torchwood: Children of Earth, and the husband sat there dry-eyed the whole way! I wish I didn't cry so much at TV. At least ExMover is real!

    During the show I asked my husband (in what I thought was a rhetorical way), "Why do I cry at these things?"

    And he said, "You're a woman of deep feeling."

    I wanted to throw something at him but didn't have anything to throw.

    Enjoy the cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying's okay, just so you know. I support it fully. So have a good weep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *tissue*

    I've never seen the show. Why is it a tearjerker?

    I cry when the people on Clean House cry because they love their new rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you cry for Clean House people, you will drown in your own tears if you watch EMHE. They build houses for families who do good things for the community, so there's lots of good feelings all around. Last night's had a family with 6 adopted special-needs kids, and the dad was in the hospital, dying of cancer. I stopped watching after the first hour, so I don't know how it ended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a compliment. My husband would have shrugged while still looking at the tv. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read somewhere that women have a larger and more active amydgala (the emotional center of the brain) than men.

    I saw that episode last night too, and I cried. I always cry at Extreme Makeover: Home Edition too. Its too emotionally intense. This one was no exception. I cried most at the end credits when the Dad died three days after the house was done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost cried just now reading that he died, even though it was apparent he would.

    I wish men appreciated our emotional development instead of mocking it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like I should avoid it then. Tears are a limited commodity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Men don't like hearing that women might have a "larger and more active" anything. Except breasts.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -