Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Friday, July 3, 2009

Funny that I declared on July 1st I would be writing a post every day, only to find out that this is NaBloPoMo! What is up with that? I hadn't heard it mentioned even once that I remember. I'm taking it as a sign that a post a day will be good for me.

I have narrowed it down to two templates on the new blog. One is colorful and bold (the one on the blog right now) and the other is simple and light and elegant (the one pictured here, only with double sidebars and a daisy header). I like the layout of the simple one, but the bold one fits my personality better. And since I am not in code mode, I really don't want to mess with massive changes to one or the other.

I've been unusually busy lately, what with writing this 20-pg synopsis, editing for Eternal Press, fixing my mom's computers, and now changing up the blog. Trying to stay off the social media, letting Twitter and email be my connections. Facebook is the devil, with its quizzes and flair and games and such, so I've limited that to once a day. Hopefully it'll be only another week or so until I knock out these projects and can breathe a bit easier.

{ 13 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Since you're steering as clear as possible of distractions, I'm going to pester you here. You've read my novel. One anyway. Tell me, in your opinion--rated R or PG-13? Someone wants to know before she asks to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I think PG-13. The sex is only off-camera, and the language wasn't bad.

    Pester me all you want. :) My eyes are bad today anyway, so I can't do anything I wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the elegance of the other theme, but I think this one does some nice stuff to express your color and playful aspect. The other one might not be so elegant without the picture of the cello anyway.

    Do you want me to make a banner for you? I know you don't need my help, but if you want me to pitch in I have some time this weekend and can do it for ya.

    I haven't been notified about this post yet today by Google Reader. I wonder if it'll come through more slowly for some reason? But then, if you've double-posted over on the free site too, I haven't seen that one yet either. Hm.

    Happy holiday weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I signed up with NaBloPoMo last year. :) A post a day is just what the doctor ordered. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, one person said R. Another person thought R-13 (yes, he was being funny). So I don't know. I read the movie rating system and ended up even more confused.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, all I know is I would be only a little concerned about my 10-year-old reading it. Certainly not concerned about my 16-year-old reading it. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the offer of a banner. I may take you up on that, unless my motivation takes off in the next couple of weeks. Did you ever get the post in your reader? I got the one from here, not the one from the old blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We shall see, won't we? I make no predictions as to the quality of these daily posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. EVERYONE'S AVATAR WORKS BUT MINE!! WHY????

    ReplyDelete
  10. quality schmaulity - you've read my blog, you've not seen anything remotely resembling quality there!

    I figure if I can do it, you can do it better, just by default. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know. I haven't done anything special to yours. Hm. I'll do some research.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nope, I still get 'em from the old blog first. Dunno why that'd be. And FIX MY AVATAR, DAMMIT!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -