Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The bunk bed almost cost me over a hundred dollars more than it actually cost. I forgot I paid a humongous, gigantor electric bill a few days ago! Luckily, I'd just paid the water bill so I could get that check back from the nice lady at City Hall. Then I had to stop payment on the humongous, gigantor electric bill. So instead of $100+ it only cost me about $25. Never thought I'd be so happy to lose 25 bucks.

Maybe you remember a post a few months ago about how I couldn't pay my bills on time. Well I think the pendulum has swung all the way to the other side. Whereas before I put off paying the bills, now I pay them as soon as they come in. That sounds great, except sometimes the bills need to be juggled, sometimes a particular bill may need to wait until next payday. I'm still not giving it any thought, just blindly paying what's in front of me. I used to enjoy the juggling. What happened to me?

There is an astrological explanation. I was born on the cusp of Virgo and Libra. (As I get older, I believe more and more in astrology. I'm finally ready to admit it, even though some of my regular readers will scoff.) Being born on the cusp means I have an affinity with both signs, even though I am a Libra by a couple of hours. Looking back, I've identified more with the Libra side most of the time, but there was a period of about ten years where I was hard-core Virgo.

What does this have to do with paying bills on time? Well, Virgos are the bill payers of the world, that's what. Only I don't feel like a Virgo right now. Which is actually a relief, but that's for another post.

{ 5 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Now, who would scoff? Hm? Who?

    I'm like you. I paid everything I saw, as soon as I saw it, for the most part. Now, keeping track of that payment? Well, that was another matter altogether. So, I could get into very deep trouble.

    This is why Fal takes care of the books. She knows just when and how to juggle, even when things are crappy for us ... which is most of the damned time.

    Woo! Bills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm certainly not scoffing at you. I read my horoscope for a long time, until I realized it was completely meaningless to me. But if it works for you, more power to you. Everybody needs something to believe in.

    I believe I'll have another cup of coffee. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm good at paying bills... when I remember to pay them. I've automated my life with the whole bill pay thing and just transfer $$ from my savings account to my checking account a few times a month. Life is easier that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bills! Woo!

    Not.

    Juggling is a pain but at least you got your situation taken care of for a nominal fee. I pay everything online so if I need to stop a check, I can go in and edit it up to a few hours before it's sent out from my bank, no fees.

    And I'm not even a Virgo - heh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a total Libra. I tell myself not to believe, but I do anyway. As for bills--the pain! The pain! You make me feel better by writing about them.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -