Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm so tired, but in a good way. I visited an old college friend last night. Maybe it's just a quirk of mine, but I always expect people to look completely different if I haven't seen them in a while, and I also expect them not to recognize me. As you might expect, she recognized me just fine, and she is still every bit as beautiful and gracious as she was in college.

It surprised me how much we had to talk about. We probably have more in common now than we did back in the day. We picked up some Starbucks and pizza to take back to her apartment and got a little silly as girls can do. Of course the evening wouldn't be complete without one of my trademark inappropriate remarks, but it made my friend laugh hysterically, so I guess it may have been worth it. I don't know why I do that. I don't have the balls to pull them off. Those remarks are why I have a love affair with my delete key. Wish I had one for my mouth.

But the night was great. Jen has a strength she may not recognize but which is quite obvious to me. She projects femininity and beauty in a way I wish I could. Her apartment smelled divinely neutral and so did she, and I hope to have many more evenings just like it. (Minus the trademark inappropriate remark).

{ 5 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. I'm curious what you said that was so hilariously inappropriate. I could always use a good laugh at someone else's expense. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you've reconnected with an old friend. Maybe having someone close by geographically you can hang out with will be a nice break from all the routine you get stuck in.

    Good on you for having fun! Inappropriate remarks be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Ian...I want to hear the inappropriate remark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a good time! See? Nothing to be afraid of. :D

    I still want to know what the inappropriate remark was though. C'mon, you can tell us! We'll still love you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's hard, not knowing, but I'd rather just forget about it. It's a long story, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -