Posted by : Sherri Cornelius Friday, July 31, 2009

There's been a discussion over on Darcsfalcon's blog which started about leaving behind toxic family members, and then morphed into personal boundaries and expectations. Last night I was all gung-ho about continuing the discussion here on my blog, but the moment has passed. I'm not feeling particularly analytical or reflective today, but if you're interested in these topics, go on over to Fal's place and add your two cents.

So today is the last day of NaBloPoMo in the month of July. It was an interesting exercise, and I'm absolutely amazed that I managed to come up with something to talk about every day. Here are some interesting tidbits I've come away with.


  • It's funny how the little throw-away posts can garner the most discussion. I guess when I touch on a subject and throw it out there, it generates more thought than if I impose my ideas on my readers.

  • I simply don't have any interest in creating long, article-style posts. That's not what this blog is about, and it's not what my readers expect. I feel like those blogs are more legitimate than mine, but I don't know where I got that idea. The blog is not the only place I limit myself by arbitrary "shoulds", so hopefully I can take that lesson and apply it to other areas.

  • Posting 31 days in a row did little for my daily hit count. The same posts get all the search engine traffic, I don't think I picked up any new regulars, and my old regulars visited only slightly more often, as far as I can tell.


Those little tidbits add up to one thing: I can relax and have fun on my blog. Duh.

Thanks for hanging around for my experiment. Now I'm taking off the month of August!! Not really.

{ 4 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. Congrats, you win! Fun? Not always. Interesting? I bet it was. But if I added in those weekend days to the mix, I'd have gone bonkers. I admire you for completing it.

    Now, imagine doing what Fal has done: Posting everyday for more than a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NaBloPoMo is over ... but it starts again tomorrow! ;)

    I signed up on it some time ago and completely forgot about it until you signed up. You've done good posting every day! It can be a pain sometimes, but I always feel some sense of reward too. I can't explain it. I think I just like the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no way I'd set the bar that high, Knyt. I know myself too well. Too easily distracted.

    Fal, so basically you've done 12 NaPoBloMos in a row, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh, something like that I guess!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

- Copyright © Sherri Cornelius -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -